How is The Arc supported?
The Arc of Blair County is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation and derives its support from fundraisers, donations and membership fees. Special projects may be supported by a grant. The Arc of Blair County does not receive any federal, state or county dollars to support its many programs and services. Most programs and all of the advocacy is offered at no cost. The Arc of Blair County is proud to remain true to its grass roots beginnings by continuing to approach legislators for change for people who have a disability without accepting funding from the government. To make a donation or to become a member of The Arc of Blair County, e-mail: email@example.com
How can I get more information about The Arc?
Current, up-to-date information about The Arc of Blair County and its activities is available on this site and is updated frequently. You will find the monthly newsletter Arc Action and an ongoing schedule of events in the Calendar of Events. Additional information may be obtained by contacting The Arc at 814-946-1011 or e-mail:
How can I become involved in the Arc?
The Arc of Blair County needs volunteers to assist with advocacy efforts, both through public policy efforts and through individual advocacy efforts, to offer support during programs, and to assist with fundraisers.
What is the benefit of becoming a member at the Arc?
- The current events in the disability field through The Arc of Blair County monthly newsletter
- A quarterly coupon card with discounts to local establishments
- Attend any Arc program or event at The Arc of Blair County at no cost
- 10% off the rental of the Arc’s large program room – the Becky Sheetz Recreation Building – for private parties
- Free subscription to ‘The Arc Insight’, a national newspaper with up-to-the-date information on developmental disabilities